Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals teblos

Go Back   Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals > World-Class Procurement Processes > Contract Management
User Name
Password
Register Help Members List Calendar Search Top Posts Mark Forums Read

Contract Management Contract Pre-Planning, Risk Management, Legal Aspects, Creating and Managing SLA's (service level agreements), Contracts Database, Contracts Close Out

Old 12-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Procurementtips Member

United Kingdom
IJGcreations is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Contract Clause

I understand your position but find that you can kill development which has mainly come from SMEs historically over the last thirty years.

I would provide a tender questionnaire that would directly ask the amount % that if successful this would add. You can then vendor score and advise at the time that they lose points and are required to sure up there own business. Development program through vendor engagement process.

You would need to monitor this closely but believe you me for me it has worked well and never let me down in twenty years.

Many thanks for such a good question
Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Procurementtips Member

Nigeria
madeonline is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Contract Clause

I have always opted for Audited Financial results for three years prior to the year of tender as a prequisite for all my tender activities.

In the case above, instead of the 40% business exposure clause, you could state that companies that do not have cummulative average turnover in excess of XYZ amount over the last three years should not bid.

That automatically screens out weak SMEs from partaking in your tender.

Best regards.

made