Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals teblos

Go Back   Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals > World-Class Procurement Processes > World Class Procurement Definitions
User Name
Password
Register Help Members List Calendar Search Top Posts Mark Forums Read

World Class Procurement Definitions A forum for defining key terms / definitions as it applies to World Class Procurement and Supply Chain Management

Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Procurementtips Member

United Kingdom
ZUL is on a distinguished road
Default Just in time procurement

Hello, I am interviewing for the role of Procurement Manager and have been asked the following. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the best possible way to answer/think about this:

At present Estates are a just in time procurer of goods and services, how would you suggest this could be improved?

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

-->
Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Procurementtips Member

United Arab Emirates
ishtiaq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just in time procurement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUL View Post
Hello, I am interviewing for the role of Procurement Manager and have been asked the following. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the best possible way to answer/think about this:

At present Estates are a just in time procurer of goods and services, how would you suggest this could be improved?

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.
ok -i am a new member of this forum and got a a lot of knowledge from this forum and now time to share.
what you need to do is to distribute the responsibilities of seperate section - purchasing and warehouse -
1 warehouse - warehouse is your store to receive and issue materials and warehouse is answerable to procurement and accounts in case of shortage in stock or any damage if not reported on time.
warehouse is responsable for all the stock reports location wise (depends on products)on monthly basis or weekly basis which you call summary.
warehouse to keep a record od all in out of materials.
warehouse has to inform procurement to order or fix or any other service

procurement - is responsible for the creation of purchase orders
haveing an updated vender/supplier list
should have agreement of all terms & conditions with the supplier
responable for the purchase summary to the accounts or management on monthly or weekly basis.
expert in negociations with suppliers.
delivery of material in a appointed time frame.
i will write more on this topic let me know if you are stisdfied

Regards
Ishtiaq