Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals teblos

Go Back   Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals > Specialized Topics > Public Sector Procurement
User Name
Password
Register Help Members List Calendar Search Top Posts Mark Forums Read

Public Sector Procurement Questions specifically dealing with various aspects of Public Sector Procurement. Remember to indicate which COUNTRY you are from

View Poll Results: Have the three committees been set up correctly?
Still the old Tender Board 1 12.50%
Bid Award Committee (BAC) Only 0 0%
BAC and Bid Evaluation Committee (BEC) Only 3 37.50%
BAC and BCC and Bid Specifications Committee (BSC) Only 2 25.00%
Other Combination 1 12.50%
No Formal Process and Policy 2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll as an unregistered user. To vote on this poll, search the forum and post questions, please register on the Procurementtips.com home page. If you are already registered you may have to log in first.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 PM

South Africa
ShaunScott is on a distinguished road
Question Bid Committees

South Africa's public sector Acts/Legislation on supply chain management (PFMA and MFMA) specify that three committees are required for the correct implementation of the supply chain management framework:
- Bid Specification Committee
- Bid Evaluation Committee
- Bid Award/Adjudication Committee
I'm looking for references where these have been implemented (well or poorly). Please help me with any department names where they have implemented the committees in the form described in the PFMA and MFMA.
Should you not want to disclose the Department/Parastatal, I will gladly accept emails with the info and will respect your wish.
Many thanks
Shaun Scott, Joburg

Last edited by ShaunScott : 01-25-2007 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added committee names and non-disclosure point.

-->
Old 01-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
xolisa.moerane@wil.co.za is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bid Committees

Eastern Cape Department of Education has implemented the three committees, but their Bid Evaluation Committee is a standing committee and according to the SCM Framework in line with the PFMA Bid Evaluation Committee must be established in a timely fashion and must disband after the award of the bid.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
mmququ is on a distinguished road

National Treasury prescribed those committes, so they should have them in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunScott View Post
South Africa's public sector Acts/Legislation on supply chain management (PFMA and MFMA) specify that three committees are required for the correct implementation of the supply chain management framework:
- Bid Specification Committee
- Bid Evaluation Committee
- Bid Award/Adjudication Committee
I'm looking for references where these have been implemented (well or poorly). Please help me with any department names where they have implemented the committees in the form described in the PFMA and MFMA.
Should you not want to disclose the Department/Parastatal, I will gladly accept emails with the info and will respect your wish.
Many thanks
Shaun Scott, Joburg
Old 03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
ongezwa is on a distinguished road

Guys Help Me Again My Topic For The Research Project Is Impementation Of Supply Chain Management In Alfred Nzo District Municipality
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM

South Africa

Hi
Good news, you have a topic. Share with us some of the objectives of the research you need to do for example
- research the effectiveness of the implementation (look at the outcomes)
- research the status relative to the national/provincial objectives
- research the status relative to other munics
We will get a short questionnaire to you on the implementation of one of the critical aspects of the SCM framework being the implementation of the three commitees. That should give you a few ideas.
Best regards
Shaun
Old 06-19-2007, 07:36 PM

South Africa
Default Re: Bid Committees Survey

A more comprehensive survey is underway on the implementation of the Bid Committees as envisaged in the PFMA and MFMA in South Africa's public sector.
To participate in the survey please send an email to PublicSCM@wil.co.za
All participants will received a copy of the results of the survey.
The survey will run for most of 2007 up until 15 November 2007.
ShaunCScott
Old 06-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
cgeyser is on a distinguished road

Hi Shaun,

The Bid Committees has been implemented at the City of Cape Town and is working well.

Greetings,

Charl Geyser