Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals teblos

Go Back   Procurementtips.com - Exchanging tips, tactics, information and views between Purchasing and Supply Management Professionals > Specialized Topics > Preferential Procurement
User Name
Password
Register Help Members List Calendar Search Top Posts Mark Forums Read

Preferential Procurement Green Procurement, Minortity Procurement, Black Economic Empowerment, Socially Responsible Procurement

Old 06-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
ndlovun2 is on a distinguished road
Default BBBEE Procurement Plan

Hi

I am tasked with a challenge of developing a BBBEE plan for our procurement department. I kindly request your assistnace on how I can tackle this task based on knowledge or past experience. I need to set targets in agreement with the commodity managers.

although we have a supplier database, it was not updated and this is a large manufacturing company with over 5000 suppliers.

Please assist

-->
Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
Goretti Maltez is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: BBBEE Procurement Plan

Hi Ndlovu2

I am facing the same situation at present although our supplier base is not so large and we are a project engineering company. What I have done is requested suppliers' scorecards and am rating them. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-18-2009, 05:15 AM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
Storm Wax is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BBBEE Procurement Plan

what type of organisation are you running, activities and its target market/ clients
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
Donna-Liza Gidlow is on a distinguished road

Hi,

We currently have 6500 vetted vendors and we have improved oour BBBEE rating from 28% to 58%, we do have a further 7500 vendors to vett.

We have a very strict vetting proccess and we given preference to BBBEE vendors, we hold workshops with our vendors quarterly around the country explaining, and encouraging them to be rated and showing the benefits of the them being rated, it has been a difficult 18 months but very successfull and rewarding. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
nickynel is on a distinguished road

Are you assisting companies in how to get rated etc? I am finding a lot of comapanies are lost in how to get rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-Liza Gidlow View Post
Hi,

We currently have 6500 vetted vendors and we have improved oour BBBEE rating from 28% to 58%, we do have a further 7500 vendors to vett.

We have a very strict vetting proccess and we given preference to BBBEE vendors, we hold workshops with our vendors quarterly around the country explaining, and encouraging them to be rated and showing the benefits of the them being rated, it has been a difficult 18 months but very successfull and rewarding. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
Donna-Liza Gidlow is on a distinguished road

Good Day,
yes we meet with our vendors throughout the year, and our verification agency also contacts them and assists them.

Regards
Donna-Liza
Old 06-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Procurementtips Member

South Africa
dingokokc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndlovun2 View Post
Hi

I am tasked with a challenge of developing a BBBEE plan for our procurement department. I kindly request your assistnace on how I can tackle this task based on knowledge or past experience. I need to set targets in agreement with the commodity managers.

although we have a supplier database, it was not updated and this is a large manufacturing company with over 5000 suppliers.

Please assist
Without knowing the required machandise will not assist you in developing the procurement plan. You need to know what the required end result / product is? Then make a thorough analysis on the manufacturing process of the product. Taking into cosideration the application of compliance certificates as sometimes it delays the next phase. Then you will be able to do a draft procurement plan. Then you start engaging with supplier in terms of availability of products including actual delivery dates working backwards on your draft plan from the anticipated project end date.