1. Regular investigation of non-stock requisitions will provide info re repetative items for possible coding/contract (Need good reporting though)
2. Alternative: Items can be loaded as "order as required" and from movement history decisions can be made whether to carry stock (need constant material master management, should do this for selective items only to prevent unmanageble catalogue.)
3. RFQ method OK but not verbal quote - disputes arise frequently
4. 2 quotes between 5000-10 000
5. 3 quotes above 10 000 & tender procedure above 100 000
Last edited by bernievn : 08-28-2006 at 02:46 PM.